The CCT-100 is a custom cable tester that can test wires with any type of connector. It begins testing when the microprocessor detects a cable, so there’s no need to press a start button. The CCT-100 wire harness tester is a stand-alone unit that does not require a computer to interface with it. No programming required! Simply press the Learn button, and you’re ready to verify every cable you have.
Begin by attaching a cable. Then, press the “LEARN” button. This action stores all of the cable connections in memory. From there, every cable installed will instantly show either a green light for a correct cable or a red light for a bad cable. Audible tones change with the light colors, so you don’t even have to look at the tester.
Automatic Custom Cable Tester.
The cable harness tester is a digital multi-meter on steroids.
- The cable tester powers the first of 52 test points with a 5-volt signal.
- It scans the remaining 51 test points for continuity and stores the results in memory
- Then, the cable tester powers the next point and repeats the process
- The CCT-100 finishes all points and combines the data using a geometric progression.
- Finally, the unit simultaneously displays a Hexadecimal representation of the connections, a red/green pass/fail LED, and a dual-tone pass/fail buzzer.
- All of the above automatically repeats itself up to thirty times per second. The speed of the tester is essential because it allows the worker to twist and bend the cable at the connection points while the test is running. While flexing, a quick red flash or different tone indicates an intermittent failure that can be very difficult to find using other test methods. The speed of testing all test points is crucial for finding these sporadic connections.
The CCT-100 cable harness tester features the following:
- Capable: 52 Test points (Cables up to 26 wires) Detects Opens, Shorts, Miss-wires, Bad connections, and Diode polarity.
- Versatile: Many standard connector boards available as well as a build-your-own option for specialized connectors.
- Compact: 75” x 3.5” x 1.5” (197 mm x 89 mm x 38 mm)
- Rugged: Made from 18 gauge cold rolled steel. Will last for decades.
- Fast: Tests at speeds up to thirty times per second and starts without pressing a button.
- Intuitive: Easy to read status updates shown on the clear and bright OLED display along with simple Pass/Fail indication by both green/red LED and dual-tone audio buzzer.
The CCT-100 comes with the cable tester and a 120VAC power adapter. Connector boards and transition cables must be purchased separately.